Hershey Entertainment & Resorts has an opportunity for a collaborative and adaptable Corporate Counsel to join our team. This “generalist” role handles a variety of issues arising out of the Company’s many business operations. These issues vary day to day, but could include reviewing and drafting a wide variety of contracts and advising on sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions; providing legal oversight of the Company’s intellectual property matters, including the trademark portfolio; and/or advising internal clients and senior management on legal risks related to many areas of law and develop strategies to mitigate those risks commensurate with the Company’s business objectives.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a heavy volume and wide variety of contracts, including entertainment, sales, technology, and maintenance and service contracts.
- Advise on sweepstakes, contests, promotions, and advertising compliance, particularly on social media and digital platforms and create official rules and other supporting documentation.
- Manage the Company’s intellectual property portfolio, which includes performing trademark clearances; filing applications and renewals; drafting responses to office actions; handling enforcement actions; reviewing consumer-facing advertising and other materials; and providing regular intellectual property training and counsel for Marketing, Communications and other departments.
- Provide all facets of legal counsel to the Company’s diverse hospitality and entertainment operations.
- Conduct research on a wide variety of issues.
- Such other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Pre-Employment - Juris Doctor Degree from accredited law school
- Pre-Employment - Attorney's License
- Post-Employment - PA Attorney's License (if applicant does not have pre-employment)
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Self-starter with a willingness and ability to assume a “generalist” in-house role.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and satisfy numerous competing demands and successfully achieve deadline-driven results that effectively achieve business objectives.
- Excellent contract review, drafting, and negotiating skills.
- Strong business acumen, problem solving skills, and legal judgment, with emphasis on confidentiality and personal integrity.
- Experience in handling trademark and advertising/promotions legal matters preferred.
- Solid team player with superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and deal effectively with others.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills; have excellent writing and speaking skills; and must be adept at using Word and other standard office programs.
Physical Demands & Working Condition
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- The work schedule for this position will include Monday-Friday during normal business operating hours.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.