Privacy and Court Records: An Empirical Study
Faculty and Affiliate Scholars at the Center for Media Law and Policy conduct extensive research on various media law related issues. We maintain a repository of these works, which is available from the links below.
Social Sciences Resources
For a list of helpful sites that offer social science resources, visit our new Social Science Research page.
Center Whitepapers, Research and Reports
- Political Advertising on Platforms in the United States: A Brief Primer (Jan. 2020)
- Regulating the Political Wild West: State Efforts to Address Online Political Advertising (Jan. 2020)
- Freedom of Speech on the UNC Chapel Hill Campus: What Students Understand About First Amendment Issues (Apr. 2019)
- Balancing Transparency and Privacy in the Implementation of Police Body-Worn Camera Systems (Sept. 2018)
- A State Public Affairs Network for North Carolina: It’s Time! (Apr. 2013)
- From Competition to Cooperation: Engaging Cable, Satellite, Internet and Mobile Broadband Service Providers in Meeting the Information Needs of Communities (May 2012)
Sign up for our Newsletter!
- The FCC Tools page
- The FCC Media Bureau Page
- Report on the Information Needs of Communities — FCC
- FCC Media Ownership Suggested Readings
- Report by the UNC School of Media and Journalism, From Competition to Cooperation: Engaging Cable, Satellite, Internet and Mobile Broadband Service Providers in Meeting the Information Needs of Communities
- Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
- Knight Community News Network: Top Ten Rules for Limiting Liability
- NewsU’s Newsgathering Law & Liability: A Guide for Reporting
- MLRC Actions Against Online Speech
- First Amendment Library
- Youtube: Citizen Media Law Project
- Citizen Media Law Project Resources Page
- Student Press Law Center Publications and Handouts
- Drone Journalism and the Law
- Open N.C.