Amazon is looking for a talented Corporate Counsel attorney to provide legal advice and counseling on technology transactions, product counseling, and regulatory compliance matters for its Ring business, headquartered in Santa Monica, California. This attorney will support Amazon’s senior management, technology and engineering, marketing, customer support, business development, sales, supply chain, and information security teams.
Principal duties include:
- Legal counseling in the areas of intellectual property, consumer law, technology, digital media, and regulatory compliance
- Structuring, drafting, and negotiating licensing and other agreements
- Providing support to the business on other legal matters on an as-needed basis, including reviewing commercial agreements and other ordinary course items
- Some travel, domestic and international, is required.
- J.D. degree and membership in one state bar is required
- 4+ years of transactional attorney experience handling either IP or technology transactions
- 3+ years of experience in a national or international law firm
- Experience with complex intellectual property agreements for software and hardware products
- Experience structuring, drafting and negotiating intellectual property and commercial agreements in support of product development and launch
- Technical background (computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering preferred), with strong knowledge of software and hardware development and design, including firmware, operating systems, and integrated hardware systems