Connecting the World Through Innovation:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
Does this look like your next role?
In this pivotal role you will manage an engaged and high-performing team of lawyers and contracts professionals responsible for drafting and negotiating contracts, service orders, and other legal documents in support of our company’s global sales and business development efforts. You will be responsible for actively and independently negotiating complex commercial transactions with customers in the North America region to include high profile, blue chip video broadcasters and fast growing, innovative mobility customers. You will closely partner with the Sales team and colleagues in Finance, Engineering, Yield Management, and Marketing to help manage our customer base and ensure high quality customer service internally and externally. You will serve as a focal point bringing together regulatory, corporate, legal and finance to support each sales effort and provide critical legal support to the procurement department in the acquisition of products and services. Additionally, you will have the chance to participate in sales and revenue meetings and serve on related cross-functional teams to support continuous improvement, refinement, and streamlining corporate contract processes for sales of services to customers.
Impacts you will make:
- Manage a team of lawyers and contract managers responsible for drafting and negotiating customer contracts
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial transactions in the North America region
- Advise and counsel sales executives and other internal clients on commercial issues
- Support Procurement in the acquisition of products and service for the company
- Provide additional legal support as needed, e.g., transaction-related, due diligence, regulatory proceedings, collections, etc.
- Work seamlessly and in collaboration with the Legal Department team
You should definitely have:
- JD from an accredited law school
- At least ten (10) years of relevant experience in transactional work in a high-tech company
- Expertise in negotiations required
- Must have demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn and adapt to the complex nature of Intelsat's business
- Must have excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, including self-motivation, a non-hierarchical attitude, collegiality and a cooperative spirit
- Strong legal and communications skills required
- Sound analytical, writing and organizational abilities are critical
- Ability to work in a widely dispersed cross-functional team environment, manage certain assignments without close supervision, manage external counsel and consultant relationships and collaborate with internal clients
- Ability to interact effectively with people of various cultural backgrounds.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software suite (MS Excel, Access, Word and Outlook).
But it would be nice if you had:
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience in transactional work at a high-tech company
- Experience at a major U.S. law firm preferred
- Familiarity with international, regional and domestic regulatory bodies
What it’s like to work with us:
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- We are customer focused and collaborative
- Awesome benefits including informal work environment, flexible work arrangements, generous 401(k) plan, PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee)
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job
- This role requires you to sit for long periods of time and work with a computer