Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced team player to serve as Director and Associate General Counsel on Facebook's product counseling team, supporting media products and services. The position will focus on providing strategic and tactical legal counseling to internal product, operations, and business teams in order to identify and mitigate global legal risk in all phases of product development. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position is based in Menlo Park.
- Analyze products, policies and initiatives to provide legal advice and practical legal risk mitigation strategies for Facebook’s media-focused products across multiple jurisdictions
Provide policy, product, engineering, and other business teams with legal advice across many subject areas and across jurisdictions, including media/broadcast, content creation and liability, online advertising, consumer protection, and data protection laws and regulations
- Coordinate with other legal stakeholders, including commercial, regulatory, IP, litigation and marketing attorneys on relevant legal matters
- Coordinate with policy and communications colleagues on product related external communication and policy development
- Manage lawyers also focused in this area
- JD with membership in at least one state bar
- 12+ years of legal experience, from a law firm or prior in-house experience (including applicable litigation, regulatory or product counseling experience)
- Experience in the legal frameworks that apply to the distribution of digital media content, broadcast and first amendment laws, AVMS, online advertising, mobile, social networking, or other Internet technologies
- Experience working on multiple projects at once
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams to get the job done
- Experience in the legal frameworks that apply to the distribution of video content
- Content liability counseling related to CDA Sec. 230 or related international frameworks
- Managerial experience
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities