Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) has an excellent opportunity for an experienced TV Distribution and Programming Attorney in our business and legal affairs department. If you have a strong background in drafting, negotiating and know the entertainment industry, then we want to hear from you. If you want to be a part of the emerging Video On Demand, this is a great way to experience all the industry has to offer. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
- Drafting complex domestic international license agreements to support various new product features, consumer offerings and software license agreements.
- Identifying key provisions to be updated and amended for contract renewals, and drafting and negotiating renewals.
- Lead, support and assist with contract management, tracking of contract terms and summaries
- 7+ years' of relevant legal experience with an entertainment, media, content distributor or law firm focusing on related issues, and advising on potential legal risks and issues. Preferably with major studios or networks
- JD or LLM degree
- attorney in a US state, California Bar preferred
- Direct experience with content acquisition of film and/or television content for digital platforms, both in the US and abroad
- Familiarity with entertainment, broadcast/cable communication, advertising and streaming content
- Detailed understanding of entertainment industry distribution and acquisition law
- Great drafting skills
- Detail and deadline oriented, able to maintain several complex projects in a fast paced entertainment environment.
- great multi-faceted communicator
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.