Logitech is looking for a talented attorney who is passionate about design and innovation. This Legal Counsel, Commercial role reports to the Head of Commercial Legal. The role requires a high degree of organizational skills, pro-activity and the ability to collaborate with various business groups and regions. In this role, you will operate as a part of a small team of lawyers and paraprofessionals who work closely with our product design, product development, sales & marketing, operations, and PR teams to provide practical and commercially focused legal advice and have fun while doing it.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of time-sensitive commercial agreements, including development agreements, technology licenses, sales & marketing-related agreements, sponsorship agreements, NDAs, and other agreements relating to the operations of a product development, manufacturing consumer products business.
- Providing advice and counsel and working closely with marketing and PR teams on matters relating to warranties, advertising and consumer product claims, digital content, social media, in-product offers, contests and sweepstakes to ensure compliance.
- Review and advise on how existing legal or other department processes can be changed or eliminated to better focus on business needs.
- Advising business team leaders on legal matters affecting business units, in consultation with other members of the Legal team and outside counsel, as necessary.
- Providing training to new hires regarding corporate policies
- Independently coordinating with functional stakeholders, including Tax, Finance, Privacy, IP, and other internal teams
- Building close relationships with business units
- 7-10 years of relevant experience, including at a leading law firm as a transactional attorney and in-house experience (at a consumer product company is also preferred)
- Knowledge of consumer protection, marketing and advertising law, including social media and mobile marketing
- Experience providing global legal support and international contracting. Some work may involve other time zones and some travel may be required
- Experience with data privacy and protection preferred
- Must have excellent training and project management skills
- Must be admitted, active and in good standing with the California State bar
The successful candidate must:
- Be passionate about hardware technology, design, and innovation
- Have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and be able to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear, concise legal and commercial advice, and creative solutions where necessary, on established timelines to meet their business needs
- Engage effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Have excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Be detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills
- Be highly analytical and have exceptional business and legal issue identification and problem-solving skills
- Be a strong and astute negotiator with good judgment
- Be able to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, “can do” attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the Legal team and with internal clients
- Have strong project management skills and be able to simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Have a strong desire to learn the business, new technologies, and new areas of law and to function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Be collegial, hardworking, confident, a self-starter and have a passion for results
This is a summary only. Duties and responsibilities may be changed, depending on the needs of the business and the specific skills, experience, and expertise of the individual hired.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1-510-713-4866 for assistance.