Slack is looking for a pleasant, supportive, and extraordinarily talented law student to join our legal department as a Legal Intern for the Summer of 2019 in our San Francisco office. As our Legal Intern, you will be exposed to various aspects of a thriving technology company’s legal environment, including contract review and negotiation, employment agreements, our intellectual property program, international law considerations, and privacy concerns.
We hope you are ready to:
- Research substantive legal issues relevant for a technology company and platform service provider
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, master subscription agreements, and professional services agreements
- Review and evaluate company policies to ensure we remain proactive in accounting for the rapid developments in technology law
- Create and revise agreement templates for use throughout the organization
- Help identify and develop processes that either don’t exist or that need improvement (we’re not perfect...yet), and work with necessary partners to drive adoption.
- Assist with special projects and initiatives, both domestically and internationally
- Collaborate with the legal team of the fastest growing technology company in history!
- Must be a full-time law student entering his or her 2L or 3L year at a nationally-accredited law school.
- Strong academic record
- Ability to keep a pinky promise (and prove it) by protecting sensitive and confidential information
- Motivated to learn more about technology agreements and the in-house attorney roles at a technology company
- A confident, playful, and positive attitude, and eagerness to chip in wherever and whenever needed
- Identifies issues and opportunities, and know when to alert members of the team of these concerns
- Must be graduating December 2019 or later
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Candidates can apply online here.