ABC Studios Legal Affairs is responsible for all legal work associated with the television series produced by ABC Studios and its related companies. This work includes the drafting and negotiation of above-the-line talent agreements and other production agreements, legal clearance and legal research.
You will assist attorneys within the department with changes to legal forms, drafting basic talent agreements and performing legal research. The internship will provide you with knowledge about television production and the role of the legal affairs department in that process.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
- A focus in entertainment law and/or completed several entertainment related classes
- Legal research skills
- Knowledge in drafting contracts
- Strong proficiency in Excel and document management
- Media/entertainment/studio/network experience
- Knowledge of contract law
- Experience in drafting agreements
- All students must be pursuing a Juris Doctorate (JD) degree and currently enrolled at an accredited law school
- All students must be in their 2L or 3L year at the time of the internship, open to recent graduates
- All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- All candidates must be available from January through May and must provide a consistent, reliable work schedule
- All candidates must be willing to work a minimum of 15-20 hours/week with a possibility of more hours if available
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
Candidates can apply online here.