Discovery Interns are explorers, they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here’s what we offer:
• Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
• Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
• Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
• Networking opportunities with great snacks
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here’s what you’ll take away:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
Our Business & Legal Affairs team gets their hands on a number of important matters for Discovery; from production programming and Joint Venture deals to contract negotiations to dealing with network talent.
As a Business Affairs & Legal Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Gain exposure to corporate contracts and programming agreements
• Conduct legal research in relation to the Media Industry
• Firsthand experience with negotiations
- Must be currently enrolled as a full time student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an Internship)
- Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Some Internships may require student to be pursuing a JD
This spring, our 12 week semester will be held from January 28th-April 19th 2019.
• Our Internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
• The application deadline is November 16th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Candidates can apply online here.