Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Legal Affairs, NBC Entertainment in the Late Night & Specials Group – work with legal, business and creative executives to negotiate and draft agreements, as well as provide guidance, legal advice and production support.
- Work as studio and network counsel on contracts and production matters relating to television programming produced by Universal Television and produced by third parties for the NBC Network.
- Handle a wide range of matters typical of “show lawyers” for NBC Entertainment such as issues relating to the development, production and exploitation of scripted and/or unscripted entertainment programming, including script and/or concept vetting, transactional work, rights analysis, copyright and trademark issues, defamation and First Amendment advice, and other legal matters arising during development and production.
- Draft, review, negotiate and interpret contracts and other documentation in connection with television programming, including agreements such as development and rights acquisition agreements, on-camera talent agreements, writer, producer and director agreements, term agreements, music composer agreements and production services agreements.
- Partner with business executives, as well as colleagues in the Law Department, to discuss and implement best practices and formulate new processes in connection with business needs.
- Address and respond to matters at the direction of the SVPs and VPs and work with colleagues in the NBC Entertainment legal affairs group.
- Outstanding academic credentials.
- Member of New York bar.
- A minimum of five years of entertainment, intellectual property, corporate transactions, litigation and/or other relevant subject matter expertise.
- Experience vetting scripted and/or unscripted programming.
- Music licensing experience is a plus.
- Sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple, wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change.
- Ability to explain complex legal concepts to business and creative executives, build consensus across business units, think creatively, and collaborate with other executives to address business needs.
- Outstanding analytic and organizational skills, including excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; experience communicating with various audiences and levels of management, including senior management.
- Good-natured team player.
Candidates can apply online here.