BetterCloud is the first SaaS Operations Management platform, empowering IT to define, remediate, and enforce management and security policies for SaaS applications. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud for continuous event monitoring, quickly remediating threats, and fully automating policy enforcement. BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in ATL and SF.
We’re looking for a Legal Intern who wants to become an effective business and technology lawyer while having fun in a cool tech start-up environment. Do you like to work in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment? Are you a problem solver? Do you want to experience life at a high growth successful start-up? Do you have an interest on technology law, contracts, SaaS, privacy or cybersecurity? If so, becoming BetterCloud’s first legal intern might be the perfect fit for you!
In this role you will report directly to the VP of Legal Affairs. This can be a part-time job so you can attend Law School while working for us. The start date for this role will be a.s.a.p. Please provide a copy of your law school transcripts and a writing sample.
Responsibilities will include:
- Research legal questions primarily dealing with technology, privacy and cybersecurity
- Prepare communications summarizing results of research
- Assist with the drafting, negotiation and execution of customer contracts
- Assist the Legal department with multiple projects and the launch of new products
- Help create compliance training and programs
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment to minimize legal, compliance and regulatory risks for BetterCloud
- Analytical & detail oriented
- Great legal research skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, flexibility and responsiveness
- Ability to spot legal issues quickly and communicate them in a clear and concise way
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Currently pursuing J.D. degree
- Bachelor’s degree
Interested applicants can apply here.