Under the direction of the Vice President – Trademarks, Copyrights & Enforcement, this person would be responsible for certain IP enforcement matters, including online enforcement and enforcement in Latin America. This person would also assist with trademark oppositions and cancellations.
A day in the life as an IP Enforcement Attorney
- Issue takedown notices and/or cease and desist letters with respect to (i) online product listings and mobile apps that infringe the Company’s IP, (ii) infringing uses of the Company’s IP on websites and social media platforms, and (iii) online infringements of the Company’s entertainment content.
- Supervise outside counsel and oversee enforcement program with respect to online infringements.
- Manage domain name dispute matters, including UDRP and URS proceedings.
- Manage IP enforcement matters in Latin America.
- Assist with trademark oppositions and cancellations.
- Provide counseling and training to business teams and Legal Department personnel regarding IP enforcement matters.
- Assist with other IP enforcement matters as necessary.
- Collaborate on other projects as needed.
What you'll bring:
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Admission to at least one state bar.
- 2+ years of relevant legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house law department.
- Trademark and/or copyright enforcement experience required.
- Knowledge of toy, game and/or entertainment industry a plus.