The Harry Fox Agency's legal department offers interns an inside look at the music business industry. Interns will have hands-on experience in various aspects of the department’s responsibilities, such as:
- Conducting legal and factual research and analysis concerning HFA and its affiliates, licensees, and administration clients
- Responding to discovery requests and subpoenas often linked to copyright infringement actions
- Analyzing and drafting various legal documents
- Preparing legal memos and correspondence
- Working with HFA business leads
- Assisting the legal staff with general matters
- Collaborating closely with the legal team on all work
- Student must be a 2L, 3L or an LLM candidate
- Should have a demonstrated interest in entertainment and intellectual property law
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, enthusiastic and have a great attitude
- Must be a self-starter and possess a strong work ethic
- Applicants must be able to receive course credit for the internship and work approximately 15 hours per week
A short writing sample is required as part of the application. A cover letter is recommended.
Candidates can apply online here.