Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus, which is home to 11 separate resident organizations. LCPA presents over 350 performances annually throughout our different performance series including American Songbook, Great Performers, Live from Lincoln Center, Mostly Mozart Festival, Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors and White Light Festival.
This Legal Fellowship is a temporary seasonal position for up to 1 year, reporting to the Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary. The Legal Fellow will support the Legal Department on a wide range of legal matters relating to programming, educational, media, operational, fundraising, and financial activities of LCPA. The Legal Fellow will have the opportunity to work on matters involving copyright, trademark and media law, nonprofit law and governance, contracts, labor and employment, real estate, and litigation, among others.
- This fellowship is suitable for candidates with at least 3 to 4 years of experience as a practicing lawyer.
- Experience drafting contracts is a plus.
- The ideal candidate is an analytical thinker, team player and problem solver, with strong written and communications skills and a desire to learn new areas of the law.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned lawyer to deepen his/her knowledge of the non-profit sector
- Ideal opportunity for a lawyer to transition from the for-profit sector to the non-profit sector, or to transition back into the workforce.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Legal Fellow" in the subject line.