Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At EA, we inspire the world to play. We are seeking a passionate, collaborative and driven IP attorney to join our team in Redwood Shores. This position will report to Managing Counsel, IP and help deliver upon EA’s mission to be the world’s greatest games company.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, practical attorney who will directly manage EA’s worldwide IP enforcement program and contribute to EA’s IP policy work. The role will also develop and maintain global IP guidelines and policies in partnership with other members of the Legal team to ensure consistency and best practice. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, self-starter, who is inquisitive and has a passion for video games and technology.
Coordinate with business units to determine IP enforcement priorities and strategies.Oversee investigation and appropriate legal action in IP infringement matters, including coordinating enforcement solutions with EA’s partners.
- Work with international trade associations on anti-piracy and IP enforcement programs and drive trade association policy agenda and efforts in the area of IP.
- Train and counsel our worldwide studios and marketing teams on wide range of IP issues including risk assessment around use of 3rd party IP, content creation, social media marketing, and IP ownership.
- Contribute to the development, assessment and implementation of EA’s policies and practices with respect to the use of intellectual property in products and advertising.
- Support EA’s Security team in developing internal IP security policy and coordinate on leaks and internal IP violations.
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team (business counsel, policy & regulatory, approvals) on intellectual property issues that affect the business.
- Practicing attorney with 3-5 years of intellectual property (trademark and copyright) experience in a corporate law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Experience with anti-piracy, content protection, digital rights management, and technology a big plus.
- JD and admission to California State Bar.
- Ability to work independently and successfully contribute to cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with business leaders on complex legal and business issues.
- Sound judgment and excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.