Date(s) - 09/27/2016
9:30 am - 10:00 am
Front steps of Carroll Hall
Help us kick off Carolina’s eighth-annual First Amendment Day!
Several members of the Carolina community will speak about our First Amendment freedoms and the value of those freedoms to UNC’s mission, to our democracy, and to ourselves. Also speaking will be a representative of Charter Spectrum (formerly Time Warner Cable), which generously funded the day’s activities.
This is who will speak:
- Susan King, dean of the UNC School of Media and Journalism.
- Cathy Packer, W. Horace Carter Distinguished Professor in the UNC School of Media and Journalism and co-director of the UNC Center for Media Law and Policy.
- Erin Jones, director, government and community affairs for Charter Communications.
- Brian Gregory, senior director, regional government affairs for Charter Communications.
- Mary-Rose Papandrea, UNC School of Law professor and associate dean for academic affairs.
- Maria A. Mullis, a senior in the UNC School of Media and Journalism and winner of the 2015 First Amendment Day Instagram contest. She will read the First Amendment.
This event was organized by UNC School of Media and Journalism Associate Professor Michael Hoefges.
Tagged: 1AD2016, First Amendment Day