Enrich our privacy education program and provide value for members of the cy pres classes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Teach one privacy doctrinal course, and co-teach one multi-disciplinary interviewing/counseling course with Business and Engineering School professors.
• Supervise the Privacy Law Certificate
• Represent the program publicly
• Regularly meet with and advise all certificate students
• Advise the Privacy Law Student Organization
• Coordinate privacy externships
• Manage the IAPP relationship
• Research and publish on privacy-related topics. This could include academic scholarship, practitioner- or consumer-focused publications, empirical surveys or studies, etc.
• Organize occasional conferences and events, including co-sponsored events with the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics
• Support fundraising efforts
Knowledge: Demonstrated track record of initiative and collaboration to build new programs
Skills: Demonstrated commitment to researching and publishing on privacy issues
Abilities: This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment, and commitment to be on campus most weekdays during the school year.
Education and/or Experience
• JD required. IAPP certification preferred
• Demonstrated track record of professional participation in the privacy community. Several years of post-JD work experience preferred.
• Plus factors: experience organizing events; fundraising track record
Click here for more information.